Six Free DIY Smartphone Stands

Six free DIY smartphone stands


Six free DIY smartphone stands

Whenever I envision the perfect smartphone, it has one key feature: a kickstand. (Bet you thought I was going to say freeze-ray. That's no. 2 on the list.)

Why the deep-seated longing for a pop-out propper-upper? Because my phone is my constant companion, used for everything from reading while I eat breakfast to watching movies on long flights to showing recipes while I'm in the kitchen. (That's right, I bake. Got a problem?) Unfortunately, it's always lying down in the job. I need a way to hold it up so I can keep both hands free.

There are cases that have build-in kickstands, but those require spending extra money -- and giving up the case you already have. That's why I prefer MacGyver-style solutions: household objects that can be turned into smartphone stands. I've rounded up six of my favorite do-it-yourself options, all of which you can cobble together in a matter of minutes -- or possibly even seconds.

Needless to say, if you know of another craft-y way to give your phone a leg up, tell me about it in the comments!


Source

Tags: